English for Presentations
Convincing, powerful words in persuasive presentations
Language seminar goals
Presenting effectively can be one of the most challenging aspects of doing business. Add English to the mix, and even the most confident presenter will begin stumbling over his or her words. Our English for Presentations language seminar is designed for business professionals from all industries who present or are preparing to present in English. A highly qualified trainer who specialises in the language of presentations will help you hone your linguistic skills, avoid common mistakes and deal with even the most nerve-racking presentation scenarios. This language seminar emphasises practising real-life situations and key communication skills that can be directly applied to your daily work.
A typical two-day programme covers a selection of the following topics:
- Using language to clarify your objectives and conclusions
- Structuring your presentation and using language to “signpost”
- Describing figures, graphics and trends
- Mastering language tactics for taking and responding to questions
- Using the appropriate vocabulary and tone for your audience
- Practising relevant grammar points on an as-needed basis
Every language seminar can be further tailored to accommodate the specific needs and goals of the participants. The small group size (3–6 participants) allows for individual feedback and maximises speaking time. The minimum language requirement for this language seminar is Intermediate (B1 based on the Common European Framework of Reference).
Please note: This language seminar does not address presentation skills themselves but rather the language required for presenting. Presentation skills and techniques are the focus of our International Presentation Skills seminar (IPS). We recommend this language seminar as an ideal basis to prepare you for participation in our IPS seminar.
Not sure about your level or wondering if this is the right language seminar for you? Make an appointment for an English evaluation to get started. Dates and prices available on request.
At a glance
- Two days
- In-company seminar – max. 6 participants; dates and prices available on request
- Seminar at an EnglishBusiness training centre – max. 6 participants; locations, dates and prices available on request