English for Negotiations
Don’t let language stand in the way of results
Language seminar goals
Every word counts when you’re negotiating. Our workshop is designed for business professionals from all industries who regularly negotiate or are preparing to negotiate in English. We can equip you with the linguistic tools necessary to succeed when negotiating in English and help you avoid the language traps that non-native speakers frequently fall into. This language seminar emphasises practising real-life scenarios and key communication skills that can be directly applied to your daily work.
A typical two-day programme covers a selection of the following topics:
- Mastering the language of diplomacy and persuasion
- Getting your message across
- Recognising and responding to hostile language
- Dealing with numbers and bargaining with confidence
- Applying questioning tactics
- Conducting small talk before, during and after the negotiation
- Practising relevant grammar points on an as-needed basis
Every language seminar can be further tailored to accommodate the specific needs and goals of the participants. The small group size (3–6 participants) allows for individual feedback and maximises speaking time. The minimum language requirement for this language seminar is intermediate (B1 based on the Common European Framework of Reference).
Please note: This seminar does not address the negotiation skills themselves but rather the complex language required in negotiating. Negotiation skills are the focus of our Negotiating to Win seminars. We recommend this language seminar as an ideal basis to prepare you for participation in our Negotiating to Win (I) and (II) seminars.
Not sure about your level or wondering if this is the right language seminar for you? Make an appointment for an English evaluation to get started! Dates and prices available on request.
At a glance
- Two days
- In-company seminar – max. 6 participants; dates and prices available on request
- Seminar at an EnglishBusiness training centre – max. 6 participants; locations, dates and prices available on request