English for Meetings
International conferences and team meetings in English? No problem!
Language seminar goals
Meetings in English are part and parcel of business life. This English for Meetings language seminar equips managers and employees with the language and skills they need to run or take part in meetings in English.
Learn to argue your point eloquently, ensure people listen when you speak, strike the right tone and moderate your meetings confidently. Find out what it takes to write objective reports, evaluate options, formulate next steps and end every meeting on time without being undiplomatic. Real-life situations are role-played (with optional video feedback) to give participants the chance to experience and work on meeting scenarios.
A typical two-day programme covers a selection of the following topics:
- Getting your point across; agreeing and disagreeing
- Being aware of body language in meeting situations
- Conducting small talk before, during and after a meeting
- Understanding language and culture in meetings
- Drafting agendas and minutes
- Chairing meetings
- Using relevant grammar, e.g. modals and conditionals, explained in a simple and fun way, making it clear and immediately useable
- Optional: Teleconferencing – a particularly challenging meeting situation
Every language seminar can be further tailored to accommodate the specific needs and goals of the participants. The small group size (3–6 participants) allows for individual feedback and maximises speaking time. The minimum language requirement for this language seminar is intermediate (B1 based on the Common European Framework of Reference).
Not sure about your level or wondering if this is the right language seminar for you? Make an appointment for an English evaluation to get started. Dates and prices are available on request.
At a glance
- Two days or three days
- In-company seminar – max. 6 participants; dates and prices available on request
- Seminar at an EnglishBusiness training centre – max. 6 participants; locations, dates and prices available on request