Communication Skills for International Projects
Communication that keeps everyone on the same page
Project managers and team leaders face a huge range of communication challenges on a daily basis. Not only do they have to talk convincingly to stakeholders at all levels, but they also have to communicate the need for resources, clarify the complications of risks, as well as sell tough decisions. Working with different nationalities and cultures, often sharing different expectations or priorities, heightens complexity.
Our two-day intensive seminar will help you develop skills to target communications effectively to different audiences, and to communicate emotional topics such as risks, changes and clashes. You will also have the chance to assess your persuasiveness skills and decide which types of communication work best at different stages of project team development.
A typical two-day programme covers a selection of the following topics:
- Current challenges working on an international project
- Choosing the best ways to communicate with different stakeholders
- Active and passive means of communication
- Strong argumentation and the 7Cs of effective communication
- Communicating risk, uncertainty and change
- Best practice for handling remote team meetings
- The economic cost of communication failure in projects
- The skill set of an effective project manager or project team leader
- Facilitating and chairing skills
- Handling cultural differences in communication style
- Handling clashes and misunderstandings
- Diplomacy skills
- Enhancing persuasiveness
- Communicating at different stages of project development
This seminar is ideally suited to managers working in an international environment who are looking to develop their already excellent communication skills and hone their expertise. This seminar is held in English and focuses on communication skills (as opposed to language elements).
At a glance
- Two days
- In-company seminar – max. 6 participants; dates and prices available on request
- Seminar at an EnglishBusiness training center – max. 6 participants; locations, dates and prices available on request