English for Telephoning
Staying cool when the phones ring hot
Language seminar goals
A client’s first contact with a company often takes place over the phone. For businesses working on, or breaking into the international marketplace, it’s essential that every phone call goes smoothly and that clients feel they are in competent hands. This not only requires strong English language abilities, but the key communication skills for talking on the phone as well. Our English for Telephoning language seminar addresses your daily challenges, from taking and transferring calls to negotiating the terms of a deal, and helps you gain the confidence you need to do business naturally and successfully over the phone.
A typical two-day programme covers a selection of the following topics:
• Mastering greetings, small talk and politeness on the phone
• Spelling out names and addresses
• Making, taking and transferring calls
• Arranging appointments and meetings
• Pronunciation, intonation and speaking clearly on the phone
• Avoiding common mistakes made during phone calls
• Practising grammar and vocabulary-building exercises as needed
Every language seminar can be further tailored to accommodate the specific needs and goals of the participants. The small group setting (3–6 participants) allows for individual feedback and maximises speaking time. A minimum English level of B1 (based on the Common European Framework of Reference) is required to participate in this language seminar.
Not sure about your level or wondering if this is the right language seminar for you? Make an appointment for an English evaluation to get started. Dates and prices available on request.
At a glance
- Two days
- In-company seminar – max. 6 participants; dates and prices available on request
- Seminar at an EnglishBusiness training centre – max. 6 participants; locations, dates and prices available on request