English for Human Resources
Leading your international team with confidence
Language seminar goals
Today’s culturally diverse workplace environment makes this an exciting and challenging time to work in human resources. Accessing top professionals often means drawing from a global pool. English has become the lingua franca of many companies in recruiting, managing and training their team of international employees.
This language seminar provides HR professionals with an intensive setting to focus on the language tools they need for working in just such a global business environment. Through a combination of role plays, discussions and guided activities, our highly qualified trainers will help you sharpen the key communication skills you need for your work.
A typical two-day programme covers a selection of the following topics:
- Describing company structure and roles
- Structuring and conducting interviews
- Communicating with international teams
- Discussing difficult and sensitive issues with employees
- Mastering negotiating skills
- Understanding what motivates people
- Handling cross-cultural issues
- Practising relevant grammar, e.g. modals and conditionals. These are explained in a simple and fun way, making it clear and immediately useable
Every language seminar can be further tailored to accommodate the specific needs and goals of the participants. The small group size (3–6 participants) allows for individual feedback and maximises speaking time. Real-life situations are role-played (optionally with video feedback) to give participants the chance to experience and work on meeting scenarios. The minimum language requirement for this language seminar is Intermediate (B1 based on the Common European Framework of Reference).
Not sure about your level or wondering if this is the right language seminar for you? Make an appointment for an English evaluation to get started. Dates and prices are available on request.
At a glance
- Two days
- In-company seminar – max. 6 participants; dates and prices available on request
- Seminar at an EnglishBusiness training centre – max. 6 participants; locations, dates and prices available on request