What did we accomplish in 2017? We relaunched our corporate blog with the goal of providing our clients, partners and freelancers with high-quality content and up-to-date news about our activities. With 53 blog posts in 2017, we had a lot to say. In total, we had 17 tags for EB Translation, 29 for EB Training and 20 for EnglishBusiness news.
What did our readers like best? Here are our top ten most popular posts from the year, organised by subject tag:
- Our most popular content this year remains our first post on common errors in German–English financial translation. We explain why the term “scheduled depreciation” is the wrong translation for “planmäßige Abschreibung”. The second series post, on the misuse of the word “result” as a translation for “Ergebnis”, also saw a lot of traffic, coming in at fifth place.
- The question of “British English vs American English: which language should I choose for my English translation” resonated well enough with readers to earn it the title of fourth most popular blog post.
- Finally, spot ten was taken by a post with tips on how to answer the question “Do people really say that?”
- Our two-part series on false friends in business English was quite a hit, with part one as our third most popular post and part two our sixth.
- Three icebreakers to energise your workshops took eighth place this year.
- Our ninth most popular blog was a guest blog by Inga Olfen on “Remaining agile in times of change” with a bonus video of a workshop EnglishBusiness hosted with Deutsche Bahn on the topic.
- It’s great to hear that our partners, clients and subscribers are interested in what we’re up to! Our second most popular blog this year announced our rebranding and new website.
- Another important announcement, this one specific to EB Training’s partnership with the Hamburger Sparkasse, came in as our seventh most popular blog: Lifelong learning now at the HaspaAkademie.
In case you missed it, here are some of our favourite posts:
- A series on the experience of the World Café, parts one and two, with more to come in 2018!
- A write-up of what European companies need to know about CSR reporting, an area where EB Translation has been expanding.
- An announcement of our partnership with the English Theatre of Hamburg.
- And just for fun: we explain the conditional perfect using Justin Bieber lyrics.
Were we successful with our content efforts? You be the judge. Tell us what you think – what you liked and didn’t like, what you’d like to see more of – in the comments below!
By Mara T.