Project Manager at Metro C&C Holding
Participant at a team-building event with a Cross-Cultural Awareness simulation
Building teams across culturesA cross-cultural simulation that will change the way your team thinks
Cultural diversity is proven to be one of the top global management challenges today. The impact of different cultures on the functioning of teams is often underestimated, yet failing to consider it can seriously affect bottom-line results. In international business, effective communication between and within teams depends on individuals being sensitive to both national and company culture differences. Especially in the handling of a merger, takeover or international expansion opportunity, ignoring these cultural aspects can be fatal to success.
THE CROSS-CULTURAL SIMULATION
A game even sceptics love to play
Without leaving the conference room, and in less than five hours, participants…
- experience the impact of encountering a culture that may be entirely new to them
- feel what it is like to understand neither a foreign language nor the accompanying body language
- appreciate what it is like to believe you understand a situation yet be ostracised for unknowingly breaking a cultural norm
- experience relief upon returning home, where everything is familiar
As a result of the simulation, participants…
- identify the practices, values and attitudes that make it difficult to take full advantage of team diversity
- are shaken loose from stereotypical ways of thinking, and develop new awareness and appreciation of people from other backgrounds
- identify and create common ground with their teammates, which contributes to the overall team-building effect
- are more effective when working in international teams, which contributes to better bottom-line results
- have fun and enjoy a more relaxed and constructive team atmosphere
This simulation can take as little as five hours and can be integrated into a number of other strategic conference and team-building measures. Call or email us – our consultants would be pleased to take the time to brainstorm options with you.
We recommend this programme either as an independent team-building measure or in combination with our Working across Cultures seminar.
|Cross-cultural simulation & debrief||on request||full & half days||on requestENQUIRE|