We have a lot of fun in my course. It’s a very small group, so our trainer is able to focus on us all individually. It’s a great sense of achievement to have taken up a language and to actually enjoy it!
LEARN ENGLISHfor the love of the language
- Renate hadn’t spoken English since her school days. Back then, her English teacher wasn’t very good and didn’t inspire her to learn.
- Never having needed to use English in a work context, the little that Renate remembered from school was very rusty.
- Although she had a job that she was quite settled in, Renate didn’t think she would stay there forever, and knew that in finding another position English would probably be a requirement. Also, she and her husband had decided to start travelling more, and a motorbike trip along Route 66 in the US had always been their dream.
- When Renate phoned us, she was nervous about trying to speak English, and still not fully convinced that she wanted to learn.
- We invited her in for a talk and an evaluation. After chatting for a while, Renate started to enjoy using the English she remembered.
- She decided to join a weekly evening group which focused on general conversation and covered all sorts of interesting topics.
- A year after starting her course, Renate and her husband made their dream come true and took their long-awaited US vacation. Renate had some great conversations with people they met, and impressed her husband by being able to deal with the various problems they had along the way – including a broken-down motorbike and a visit to a doctor – all in English.
- She has continued to learn English with us, knowing that being enthusiastic about it and practising it regularly will provide her with the confidence to tackle any new English challenge that may arise in the future.